One of the most important factors when selecting flooring for a commercial space is durability. Not only must flooring be durable, but it must also be suited to the space’s traffic levels and usage. In this blog, we’ll discuss the different durable flooring options available on the market today, as well as how you can get the most out of your flooring system. Keep reading to find out all about durable flooring systems and which one is right for your commercial space!
Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT): Versatility for Busy Areas
- – Luxury vinyl tile (LVT) is a versatile material made up of three layers: a base layer composed of vinyl, a digital graphic film, and an outer wear layer. LVT provides complete design freedom with endless layout possibilities in a variety of patterns, colorways, and quality levels. It’s durable and easy to maintain with extra resistance to scuffs, scratches, and stains.
- – The many benefits of LVT make it the ideal flooring choice for commercial spaces of all sizes. It’s cost-effective and environmentally friendly; it can withstand heavy use without fading or cracking; it’s easy to clean and maintain; and it can be easily customized to suit your needs.
- – LVT offers high-quality flooring that can last for decades without faded or damaged edges. In addition, its slip-resistant surface provides added safety for customers and employees alike. Its versatility makes it an appealing flooring option in commercial areas ranging from high-traffic areas to upscale restaurants.
- – Finally, luxury vinyl tiles are designed to last and are durable flooring options that can withstand heavy use without fading or cracking. They provide high-quality flooring that can last for decades without faded or damaged edges.
Epoxy Flooring Systems: Industrial Strength and Durability
Epoxy flooring is a cost-effective flooring material that provides durability, flexibility, and protection against wear and tear. It is strong enough to withstand heavy foot traffic, chemical spills, and abrasions. This makes it a great choice for commercial settings where the flooring must withstand high demands. Besides its strength, epoxy flooring has aesthetic appeal and is LEED-certified, which means it can protect against staining, mold, and odous. To get the most out of the flooring’s durability and sustainability, you must install it correctly and use high-quality epoxy flooring materials.
Carpet Tiles: Easy Install, Easy Replace
Car carpet tiles are a popular choice for commercial space flooring due to their functionality advantages over broadloom carpets. A tile flooring system is more durable and requires less ongoing maintenance, such as vacuuming and cleaning. This makes them an ideal flooring option for high-traffic and commercial buildings. Additionally, carpet tiles are easier to install than vinyl flooring. This makes them a great option for businesses with limited downtime.
As the name suggests, carpet tiles are made of woven fabric that can be used as flooring in homes or commercial space floors. Carpet tiles can be installed quickly and easily, making them a great choice for businesses looking for flooring with minimal downtime.
Businesses can also select from a variety of colours and patterns to match their décor perfectly. In addition, they are affordable and easy to replace, making them an excellent go-to flooring option for commercial space environments.
Rubber Flooring: Safety and Durability for High-Traffic Areas
Rubber flooring is a cost-effective, practical and durable flooring option that can be used in commercial settings to provide a smooth, slip-resistant surface. It’s also a good choice for high-traceability areas such as gyms, labs and hospitals as it’s slip-resistant and reduces the noise from dropped weights or rolling carts. One of the main advantages of rubber flooring is its durability. It can withstand heavy foot traffic and high temperatures without cracking or breaking.
Carpet tiles are an easy-to-install option for commercial settings and come with industrial-strength and water-resistant options for spills and moisture. However, you can’t use decorative flooring materials like rugs with rubber flooring as it can cause damage to the flooring material. Its lightweight nature makes it easy to move around, but you need to ensure that it doesn’t get damaged during installation or maintenance.
Get the Most Out of Your Commercial Flooring System
When it comes to flooring, there’s a variety of options available for commercial spaces. From vinyl to hardwood, there are many flooring options to choose from. Each type of flooring has its own unique benefits and drawbacks, so it’s important for consumers to do their research and make an informed decision before buying flooring.
When choosing to floor for commercial spaces, consider the cost of the flooring, the functionality of the flooring, and the aesthetic appeal of the flooring. It is vital to choose the flooring that is durable, functional, and aesthetically appealing. Also, make sure to check if the flooring meets commercial safety requirements and specifications.
Another way you can get the most out of your commercial flooring system is by regularly cleaning and maintaining it. This will help prevent costly repairs down the line. Plus, it will also ensure your floor stays clean and visually appealing. A professional may be able to help you with more complex installations of flooring as well.
What Are My Durable Flooring Options?
- – Durable flooring options include vinyl, hardwood, laminate, luxury vinyl plank (LVP/LVT), carpet, and other types of commercial flooring.
- Vinyl flooring is the most durable flooring option. It features excellent wear and slip resistance, low cost, and ease of installation. However, vinyl flooring is not as durable as hardwood or tile flooring.
- – Epoxy coatings and polished concrete are the most durable flooring options for high-traffic and high-performance spaces. These flooring materials can withstand heavy traffic without fading or becoming damaged.
- Another durable flooring option is vinyl composition tile (VCT). This material offers good durability and low maintenance. In particular, VCT can withstand heavy foot traffic without fading or becoming damaged. Also known as laminate flooring, this material offers good wear resistance and slip resistance.
Other durable flooring options include sheet vinyl and laminate flooring. These materials can withstand heavy traffic without fading or becoming damaged. In addition to their durability, these materials are also easy to clean and inexpensive to install.
Accessories such as wall bases, adhesives, trims and moldings can also help make commercial floors more durable. They provide a stable surface that helps reduce impact damage on commercial floors. Kraus’ premium adhesives can help commercial tenants install residential-grade flooring with ease and reliability.
Is Cheaper Flooring Always the Best Option?
The durability of flooring is one of the most important factors to consider when selecting flooring for commercial spaces. Cost-effective options such as ceramic and porcelain floor tiles offer beautiful marble looks, while premium flooring can be obtained at competitive prices. The best flooring brands are offered by top manufacturers such as Armstrong, Mannington/Burke, Forbo, Flexco, Kraus, Tarkett/Johnsonite, and Roppe. Some of the key considerations in the selection of flooring include return-to-service time (how long it takes the flooring to recover from wear and tear), safety (regarding its ability to withstand wear and abrasion), and maintenance costs (related to labor required for installation, removal, and cleaning).
With so many options available, finding durable flooring that fits your commercial space’s needs shouldn’t be a daunting task.
High-Performance Flooring Solutions for Commercial Spaces
High-performance flooring solutions for commercial spaces range from rubber and vinyl flooring to LVT flooring, composition tile flooring, and linoleum flooring. Apart from offering high durability and cost-efficiency, these flooring options also offer attractive looks and functionalities. Linoleum flooring is a low-maintenance flooring option that can withstand heavy wear and tear. It also has stylish wood grain patterns that can add a touch of elegance to any space.
Vinyl flooring is another popular option for commercial spaces. It comes in many styles, ranging from bright and colorful vinyl flooring to traditional vinyl flooring. Moreover, it is easy to clean and maintain. Some commercial establishments prefer carpet flooring as it provides a comfortable surface underfoot. The material is durable and doesn’t easily wear out with usage.
Another versatile option is carpet tile flooring. It can be used as hard flooring or a wall covering and offers various aesthetic choices such as wood grain patterns or colorful patterns. Carpet tiles are also easy to install and remove, making them an ideal choice for commercial spaces with high traffic footfall.
Systematic coordination of high-performance flooring solutions helps businesses deliver measurable returns on investment in a sustainable way.
The flooring options mentioned above are durable flooring solutions that can withstand commercial and industrial use. They are resistant to high tensile, impact, and temperature and have low moisture and mold tolerance. They can also be easily cleaned with a neutral cleaner or an alkaline cleaner. Another key benefit of these durable flooring solutions is that they are resistant to most chemicals. The flooring systems mentioned above provide commercial-grade performance for high-traffic areas and can be installed easily on-site by trained professionals.